by Rob Lightbody
As a local business owner, YouTube is one of your best resources to help you spread the word about your business. Some only think of it as the home for clips of cute kitties and bad singers, political candidates and old home movies. It is also an incredible resource to learn about, literally, anything. For instance, I have searched for and found instructional videos about how to fix a particular model of clothes dryer, and I’ve learned how to disassemble and repair my XBox’s Red Ring of Death, and all kinds of other things. Here is where the opportunity lies; YOU can be the teacher, the demonstrator, the tour guide . . . the EXPERT!
The possibilities are endless. It doesn’t matter what type of business, hobby, or interest you have – you can position yourself as the go-to expert in your field.
Here are some ideas:
- Make a video explaining your most frequently asked questions.
- Guide a tour around your showroom, offices, shop, or vehicles.
- Demonstrate your newest or most popular products.
- Explain to your audience why you are the best choice for the job.
- Introduce or interview your employees.
- Let your customers in on the latest news about your business.
YouTube can be a great tool to let your customers see your company in a novel way. You don’t even need extravagant equipment – your family’s video camera or even your smart phone is good enough to make short videos. So, what are you waiting for? Let your star shine!